Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Buried Memories

Buried Memories
Carol J. Post
30375554
Nicki moved to Cedar Key in hopes of escaping the past. An ex-fiance who might end up in jail, her mother murdered when she was a child, and nightmares from that murder all push her to start over. But when someone begins attacking Nicki, an old friend comes to her rescue. Tyler is recovering from injuries he received while in the military. He's staying with his brother and at loose ends. He doesn't really know where he wants to go in life. But helping Nicki find her attacker is a good start.

The suspense in this story started with the very first page and didn't let up. I like some mystery as to who the "bad" person is and this author delivered. It was presented in a way that surprised me, but was totally believable. The romance between the two main characters was sweet. The author wove elements of faith throughout the story and provided a great testimony without coming across as preachy. And adding animals to any story is always a plus. I loved the dogs and how they fit into the plot. The book left me wanting more and I can't wait to read another story by this author. Definitely give this one a try if you enjoy suspense with a touch of romance and faith.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Carol J. Post said...

Thank you for the great review, Tima! I'm so glad you enjoyed Buried Memories.