Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Widow of Saunders Creek

The Widow of Saunders Creek
Tracey Bateman
12796305
Corrie has lost her husband Jarrod in Iraqi. Six months later she returns to the home he inherited from family in the Missouri Ozarks. She's hoping by moving into his family home that she'll feel closer to him. She still can't fathom a life without him. There is a feeling she has whenever she's in the home that gives her the feeling that Jarrod is there with her. Jarrod's cousin, Eli, is helping her with the renovations and isn't comfortable with this feeling. He knows what she is sensing and doesn't like how close she's getting to spiritualism. He continues to talk to her in hopes of convincing her that Jesus is the only one who can heal her heart.

This book was incredibly hard for me to get in to. I'm not sure if it was the darkness of the subject or the topic of spiritualism. But it took me over halfway through the book before I got interested. It was well written with deep characters, detailed descriptions that placed you in the settings, and a well thought out plot. I think it was just my interest level in the subject matter. But I would still recommend this book because of the faith, romance, and well written plot.

No comments: