Friday, May 5, 2017

The Heart of a Texas Cowboy

The Heart of a Texas Cowboy
Linda Broday
31385934
Houston's bride was murdered at the alter. But what he learned after her death broke his heart even more. So he's decided never to trust his heart to a woman again. Lara was attacked by a ranch hand and left with a sweet baby girl. When Houston and Lara are forced to marry they decide to make the best of their marriage for the sake of Gracie, their little girl. Neither of them expect to actually like each other, or that their affection will be put to the ultimate test.

This book wasn't what I was expecting at all. But I really enjoyed it. The plot was definitely different. The characters were unique and well defined, especially a couple of the secondary characters. The author did a great job of creating suspense and tension in the plot, while also weaving together a sweet romance between the couple. While there were hints to a previous story, I think the book worked well as a stand alone. Although it did made me want to go back and read the first book. Overall, this was an entertaining book that I think fans of western fiction and romance will enjoy.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: