Monday, May 1, 2017

The Bad Luck Bride

The Bad Luck Bride
The Cavensham Heiress #1
Janna MacGregor
 31451201
Claire is on her fourth fiance when she gets the startling news that he's backing out too. Now she's in a horrible spot. Alex is standing there when she receives the bad news and steps in as her new fiance to help her save her reputation. But there are secrets that both of them are keeping and these secrets could ruin their marriage. 

This was a fun historical novel. The author did a great job of capturing the feel of the time period. The characters were well defined and I loved the connection between the two main characters. The romance was sweet, but had some drama and tension as well. While this is definitely a romantic story, it also had some extra mystery, drama, and details added to the plot to make it well rounded and enjoyable to read. The secondary characters added a lot of depth to the story and created interest in the next book in the series. If I'm not mistaken, this was the author's first book and I'm really impressed. Can't wait to read her next book.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts I expressed are my own.

No comments: