Thursday, April 27, 2017

No More Headaches

No More Headaches
Enjoying Sex & Intimacy in Marriage
Dr. Juli Slattery
6420433
The author is a speaker and psychologist and drew from her experiences to write about how wives can avoid the headaches and frustrations in the area of intimacy. She uses a little bit of scripture, a lot of her education, and resource material to answer the questions that so many woman have asked her. The book is all about how to shed your inhibitions, baggage, stress, etc. to enjoy being intimate with your husband. 

This was an interesting book for me. While I do not have the issues that she addresses, it never hurts to be more informed and to grow your relationship. I've been married for over 20 years and I could see this book being a help to my younger self. But it still have some things that I could take away from it. I read portions to my husband and he said it helped him see things from my perspective. It is definitely written with a Christian perspective so it might not appeal to non-Christians, but I definitely appreciated that aspect. I would recommend this book to anyone who is newly married, engaged, or has problems with intimacy.

I received a copy of this book from Tyndale. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: