Monday, February 5, 2018

No One Ever Asked

No One Ever Asked
Katie Ganshert
35673517
Follow three women as they navigate the changes that are being forced upon them. A local school has lost it's accreditation and so some of the low-income children are being sent to the affluent school closest to them. Three women are faced with challenges to their family, their marriages, and their jobs as they try to understand medical, racial, and parenting issues. What these women learn will change their lives.

Wow! Ms. Ganshert has done it again. She takes on quite a few major hot points in this book and writes with heart, emotion, and inspiration. Her insight into the issues that our country is facing is insightful and thought provoking. It is labeled as a novel, but was inspired by actual events. I could feel the authenticity. The characters were well defined. I was pleasantly surprised because there were quite a few characters, but I wasn't ever lost or wondering which person I was reading about. Ms. Ganshert has a gift for writing emotions that jump out and engulf the reader. This book was no exception. This book pulled me in and wouldn't let go, even after I'd finished reading the last page. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I think everyone should read this, it's that good and that thought provoking. Overall, this book gets 5+ stars and I'd recommend it to everyone.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: