Monday, October 23, 2017

Social Media

The Teen's Guide to Social Media & Mobile Devices
Jonathan McKee
34380833
There is so much technology out there available for teens and yet they often don't have the knowledge or maturity to deal with the consequences that often result from unfortunate choices. The author has broken down the various social media sites and walks the reader through the pitfalls and nuances of using each site. The book is broken up into 21 chapters, or tips, with a series of questions at the end. There is also an introduction with a letter to parents. 

I was expecting a dry and more adult focused book. Thankfully I was wrong. This book is actually written for teens and is perfect for the target audience. The letter to the parents is wonderful and after reading the into and the rest of the book, I had no worries about passing the book onto my teenager. My son actually wanted to read the book and sped through it. I couldn't believe that it kept his attention since he prefers fiction. The author did a great job of pointing out some of the dangers and addressing them without coming across as preachy. Loved this book and will be keeping it for my daughter when she gets older. I would definitely recommend this book for any parent with teens.

I received a copy of this book from Barbour. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: