Friday, February 27, 2015

A Love That Multiplies

A Love That Multiplies
An Up-Close View of How They Make it Work
Michelle & Jim Bob Dugg
Michelle and Jim Bob from the TLC show have given us another peak into their life and parenting style. The book begins right before the birth of their last and nineteenth child. About half of the book deals with the trails and blessings that accompanied her birth. The other half of the book talks about their marriage, parenting style, and how they deal with issues that come their way. The book includes recipes and black and white photographs to accompany each chapter.

I'm not a huge fan of the show. I've enjoyed the couple of times that I watched, but it really isn't my thing. I read the book only because it was picked for my book club.

That being said, I did enjoy reading it. I certainly don't agree with everything that was mentioned. But I also learned some new and interesting things. The authors often refer to the show or previous book so I'm not sure if it contributed to my confusion or not; but the book felt a bit choppy and disjointed at times. In summery, it was a neat book that was a nice break from what I normally read. I think fans of the show will really enjoy this extra glimpse into a unique family.

No comments: