Friday, June 20, 2014

Sincerely Yours



Sincerely Yours
Laurie Alice Eakes, Ann Shorey, Amanda Cabot, and Jane Kirkpatrick
Four women receive letters that change the course of their lives in these four novellas. Each story has the common thread of the main female character receiving a letter that sent her on a journey. All of the stories also share the common thread of romance. But otherwise, each novella stands alone and gives a little taste of each author's writing style.

As with any novella, it really takes a talented author to get character development and romance crammed into such a short space. But two of these authors pulled it off nicely. The stories were sweet and the characters were endearing. One of the stories was nice, but felt a bit rushed and I never really connected with the characters. It wasn't a bad story; it just needed a little extra. The fourth story is written by an author that I've not cared for in the past. I've read several of her books and didn't enjoy the characters or plot layout. The author isn't bad, just not my style. So I wasn't surprised when I didn't enjoy the story. It was just too depressing and rushed to be in a romantic novella. But overall, I enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it for a summer read or for when you only have a few minutes to pick up a book.

No comments: