Wednesday, February 28, 2018

If the Duke Demands

If the Duke Demands
Anna Harrington
30364206
Miranda has wanted to marry Robert since she was a little girl. She's tired of waiting and hatches a plan to sneak into his bedroom and force the issue. But there is a slight problem with her plan. She ends up in bed with his older brother Sebastian. Both are shocked and Sebastian offers her a solution. He needs a wife. So if she helps him find one, he'll help her win his brother. But from the very beginning things do not go as planned. 

This was a somewhat interesting read. The plot line was very predictable, so I knew the outcome, it was more about the journey to get there. I thought the main characters were annoying more often than not, but the story was amusing and I wasn't reading it for enlightenment. The author could have sped the story up and added more details. It felt like the whole story was all about the angst and if the characters had a good knock upside the head it would have been resolved within a few pages. There were some bedroom scenes for those who need to know that type of thing. Overall, it was an okay story that could have had a lot less angst to make it better for me. But I think readers of historical fiction will find it entertaining.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: