Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Dangerous Illusions

Dangerous Illusions
Code of Honor #1
Irene Hannon
34020275
Trish is overwhelmed with the deaths of her father and husband and helping her mother who is now disabled from the accident that killed their spouses. She's starting to forget some of the simplest things. But when a death is attributed to her forgetfulness, she will need the help of Detective Colin Flynn to sort out the strange occurrences that are happening all around her. 

This story was intriguing from the very beginning. The chemistry between the couples was sweet and clean. I enjoyed how the author portrayed friendships and loyalty. The book was full of suspense and twists. There was one that, despite clues, I didn't see coming. I'm going to have to go back and read the book now that I know what to look for. The Christian element wasn't strong in this book. It was more of an implied thought than a theme. The romance also took a back burner to the mystery and suspense. If you've read any of the author's other books than you'll know what I mean when I say this one followed her typical formula. But that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy the book. I enjoyed it immensely and read it all in one evening. If you enjoy suspense and mystery with a touch of faith and romance thrown in, than you'll enjoy another book by this great author.

I received a copy of this book from Revell Reads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: