Monday, July 31, 2017

Vagabonding with Kids

Vagabonding with Kids Australia
AK Turner
29949612
The author and her husband can work from anywhere that has an internet signal. So they plan a two-month trip to Australia. But sometimes plans go awry and sometimes things are always as simple as imagined. Join the author on a hilarious adventure with her husband and two young daughters as they navigate their way around the friendly country of Australia.

I had expected this book to be tips and thoughts on traveling in a foreign country with children. Since my husband and I often take our children with us when traveling internationally, I thought this would be a great resource book. Instead I spent the entire book laughing at the author's humor, while learning some amazing things about Australia. While I didn't get what I expected, I thoroughly enjoyed the book and have added her other books to my wish list. The author has a way with words that draws the reader into her experience and allows them to travel with her. Her self-deprecating humor was spread throughout the book and added to the joy of reading. She also shared quite a bit of history and knowledge that she gleaned from her travels and I DID learn some tips for traveling with my children. Overall, would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading true stories and enjoys traveling.

I received this book from Goodreads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: