Sunday, July 2, 2017

An Extraordinary Union

An Extraordinary Union
The Loyal League #1
Alyssa Cole
30237404
The Civil War is in full swing and Elle is helping the north by posing as a slave. She's free, but has gotten herself a position with a prominent family who thinks she is a mute. But when she gets a message to meet someone to exchange vital information, she never expects to see Malcolm, an Irishman who she'd met that night. Sparks fly as the two fight. But despite their disagreements, they are both willing to die for their country.

This book was nothing like I expected. I'm not sure if the plot would have even been feasible during that time period. But it was such a refreshingly different story that I didn't mind. The author was able to make the story come alive with her descriptions and the tension was well defined between the characters. There was several "bedroom" scenes that were graphic. I didn't really get the chemistry between the two main characters, but loved the history from a different perspective than normally told. Overall, I thought it was a nice story and I look forward to reading more by this author.

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: