Sunday, July 30, 2017

Exit Strategy

Exit Strategy
Mission: Rescue #3
Shirlee McCoy
23705448
 Lark knows that her husband was murdered. It might have been explained away as a suicide, but she knows that her husband would never leave her like that. So she returns to the commune where they lived before his death. But now she's being held captive and a stranger is telling her to trust him to get them both out. Lark isn't sure if she can trust Cyrus, but for now, he's her only hope.

This book was very suspenseful. The author did a great job of creating tension from the very beginning and continuing it throughout the book. This is book #3 in the series, but I didn't feel like I was missing anything by not having read the previous books, so I would definitely say it can be read as a stand alone. But there were a few things that I didn't understand or weren't clarified by the time I'd finished reading so either the author was paving the way for the next book in the series or I did actually miss something from a previous book. Overall, I enjoyed the suspense and drama, the relationship and the chemistry was good between the two main characters, and the author left me wanting to read more.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: