Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Route 66

Route 66 Adventure Handbook
Drew Knowles
31920839
Route 66 is famous for it's history, unique attractions, and fascinating towns along the route. The author has created an updated version of this book that is out now to help travelers on their journey of exploration. The book lists some of the attractions, hotels, restaurants, and instructions on finding the route again should you lose it due to new roads and buildings. There are almost 100 maps included as well as numerous pictures. 

The book is incredibly detailed and full of history. Even if you never plan on traveling this road, it's worth the read just to learn such neat history about our country. I've traveled quite a bit of this road over the years and found the authors information to be spot on for the places I was familiar with. The little extras that he throws in throughout the book are a plus and add rich depth to what would otherwise just be a list of things to see and do. My only complaint was that the pictures were all in black and white. I would have preferred color, but realize this might increase the price of the book significantly. Overall, this is a book that I highly recommend if you enjoy traveling, history, small towns, and unique attractions.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: