Thursday, June 1, 2017

On Another Note

On Another Note
Noted #2
Kathy J. Jacobson
30171821
This book picks up where the last book left off (presumably, since I didn't get to read the first one). It starts with Jillian, a housekeeper, almost leaving her place of employment and the little cottage behind the house that she calls home. John, her employer, has finally decided to let Jillian into his heart despite the heartache that he's experienced.

Could not get in to this book. I think it might be in part because I didn't read the first book. The books are set up like a continued story and I didn't realize that. The story line flows more like I'm reading a script that hasn't yet had the best actors picked out. So there are large portions of it that feel stiff or don't have any emotion attached. I couldn't get a feel for the characters and the plot was just a list of what was happening. I couldn't get pulled in, no matter how hard I tried. I'm sure that this story will appeal to someone, but it just wasn't me.

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: