Monday, October 28, 2013

The Princess and the Pig

The Princess and the Pig
Jonathan Emmett

A farmer is traveling home and stops in the shade of a castle with his baby piglet in the back of the cart. When a baby is dropped into the cart and the pig flies up into the baby bed. Both the farmer and the queen are astonished, but blame it on the fairies they've read about in books.

I absolutely love this book. It's one of my favorite children's books. I picked it up at a book fair last year and have read it to my children so often that the pages are already becoming worn. The writing is comical and mocks the common fairy tales we've read so often. The illustrator matched the pictures perfectly with the story and feel the author was going for. I won't spoil the ending, but it makes us laugh every time. Definitely a keeper.

No comments: