Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chasing the Wind

Chasing the Wind
Pamela Binnings Ewen

Amalise is a workaholic returning from an accident to make her place again in the law firm she works for. The very first case that she takes on is a major revitalization of a down and out part of town. The new buildings and plans will bring in new jobs and help for the economy. But it will leave many of the tenants without homes. Amalise is almost immediately in conflict with her job and the people she will soon have a hand in evicting.

I had a really hard time with this book. Almost from the beginning I had the feeling that the book was very well written, but not once was my imagination captured. I just could not get into the story. Not matter how hard I tried, I could never find a connection with the characters or the plot. I enjoyed the twist at the end, although I saw it coming and I liked the ending. But it just wasn't my style. So while this is a book that I'm certain will be a hit with quite a few people, it certainly wasn't for me.

No comments: