Saturday, November 5, 2016

All is Bright

All is Bright
A Devotional Journey to Color Your Way to Christmas
Nancy Guthrie
29527168
 This book is thirty-one devotionals for families that all tie into Christmas and the season of giving. Each page has a devotional on one side that is scripture based, while the opposite side is a coloring page that fits with the devotional. Most of the designs are intricate and are along the lines of an adult coloring book. At the back of the book are some coloring pages for younger children that are more simple. There are also several pages of activities for the family to do together and some conversation starters that fit with the theme. With each of the discussion starters, there is a scripture and a prayer.

I loved this book. It was designed for families of all ages and my children can't wait to get started in a couple of weeks. I read through the devotions and think that the author did a great job of writing for adults with children in mind. Some of them are a little simplistic for me, but have some adult thoughts woven in. My only complaint would be that the pages aren't perforated so I can't tear out a page for each of the children to color. They'll have to wait and I thought it would be fun to have them color while I read and then we utilize the conversation starters.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: