Wednesday, May 30, 2012

40 Unforgettable Dates With Your Mate

40 Unforgettable Dates With Your Mate
Barbara and Gary Rosberg

This book is about how to reconnect with your spouse by dating again. The first half of the book is for the men and the second half is for the women. It has a list of pre-date instructions, dates (categorized by expense and time), questions to ask your spouse, and information on the needs of your spouse.

I liked this book, but I certainly didn't love it. It seemed very complicated and confusing. Some of the dates were good ideas, but not a one that my husband and I hadn't already done or thought of. Also some of the inexpensive dates needed a babysitter. Something that always makes the price of a date go up. I noticed another review mention that this seemed to be for younger people. I felt the opposite. It seemed to be geared towards retired people. There is no way that a couple with children has this much time to prepare and go on these dates.

I had to laugh at some of the date suggestions for men to do for their wives. They just don't sound like something a guy would enjoy doing. Most of them probably won't read this book. My husband certainly wouldn't. He takes me on dates, but he isn't going to read a book this detailed and complicated just to figure out how to spend time with me.

I was given an ebook to review. It made the book more complicated. If you think this book is something you'd like to try out than get the actual book. It just doesn't work well with an ereader.

If you are the type to always do dinner and a movie or really never dated before than this might help jump start things. It has some interesting questions that, if both spouses are willing to use, might help get some conversations going. It wasn't a bad book, it was just too much for me.


No comments: