Friday, September 30, 2011

Interview with Julia Crane - Author of Coexist & Conflicted

Check out the interview Patti (the blogger hosting the contest) had with Julie. She's going to be giving away two books in the contest.

Hi Julia, where were you born and where do you call home?
I was born in Portsmouth, Va. I currently call Dubai home.

If you gave some of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?
I think Rourk would say "enough with the drama give me Keegan back."

Do you have plans for a new book?   Is this book part of a series?
I'm currently working on book 3 in Keegan's Chronicles. I still haven't decided on a name yet. However, I am leaning towards Consumed.

Would you like to giveaway a copy of your book on this blog?
Of course!

How did you come up with the title and cover design?
Conflicted was a pretty easy title to come up with. The main character is conflicted between who she wants to be with and who she should be with.

Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life?
Yes, I take a lot of character traits from people I know.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
Before we moved to Dubai I would have said hardcover. Since we don't know how long we will be living here we are trying not to collect too much stuff. I switched to e-books and love it.

Where do you prefer to buy your books?
I buy most of my books on Amazon.

Have you ever read a book more than once?
Yes, there are quite few books I have read more than once.

Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version?
Not that I can think of books are usually better than the movies.

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?
Slumber, by Samantha Young and I'm really enjoying it.

What book do you know that you will never read?
Never say never! I often read books that aren't my taste because someone recommended them. I feel you can get something out of any book even if it's just one sentence that speaks to you.

Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest and why?
I've met so many amazing writers through this process. Talia Jager and Heather Adkins are my critique buddies and both amazing writers.

Is there anything you would change in your last book and why?
I received a few comments that the book felt too rushed towards the end. So I went back in and added more to the chapters. That's the great thing about e-books it's easy to make changes.

Who designed the cover of your book?
Kadri Umbleja she is amazing!

Do you have a book trailer?
Yes!

What are your thoughts on book trailers?
I love them. I think they are a fun way to advertise.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Just keep writing. It's normal to doubt yourself, but if you are writing because you enjoy it don't stop.

What is the best advice that you have ever been given when it comes to writing?
Don't worry about anything with the first draft.


Do you ever write in your PJ’s?
I think I write most often in my Pj's. My favorite are my red polar bear ones.

Cats or dogs?
Bulldogs

Coffee or tea?
Both. I prefer coffee first thing in the morning. I grew up drinking tea.

Favorite food?
American :) I miss a lot of American foods living overseas.

Vanilla or chocolate ice cream?
Chocolate...

What do you normally eat for breakfast?
Coffee, granola bar or cereal. On the weekends I have french toast.

What are 4 things you never leave home without?
Toddler, iPhone, money, and wipes.

Laptop or desktop for writing?
MacBook Air.

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?
I don't really have a preference anymore. Whenever I can find quiet time works.

One of your favorite quotes -
You cannot open a book without learning something.

An actor you have a crush on -
I don't really have crushes on celebrities. They're just normal people like us. But I DO have a crush on the characters, Batman, The Punisher, Thor, and I'm sure there are more. 

Patti Says:  Oh yes Thor, an Aussie Lad!

What is a movie or TV show that you watched recently and really enjoyed?
The Secret Circle. It was really good.

Where can your readers stalk you?




Twitter: juliacrane2

Amazon:


Smashwords:

Is your book in Print, ebook or both? Coexist is in both, Conflicted just ebook so far.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me and allowing us a glimpse into your writing word.   I hope you share this interview with your friends so we can all get to know you a little better.  Patti

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Julia Crane is one of the authors that I like and her book series, Keegan Chronicle's, is one of my favorites from her. I have read it a few times already and it just never gets old. I just love it! :)